Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Bohardt Wedding Speeches

My little sister got married. It was a beautiful day but no more beautiful than the bride. I couldn't keep the tears from my eyes, I am so proud of the accomplished woman that she has become and I am pleased for her husband to join our family.
Instead of a toast my youngest sister and I decided to write a rap song and pinpoint pivotal points in my sister and her new husbands life. Below I will post the video. Don't think I got out of saying a speech because I wrote a heartfelt one for the rehearsal dinner as not to just disappoint my sister. I couldn't top hers to me at my wedding but I don't think there was a dry eye in the place. It was definitely the emotional speech that they, I'm sure, expected. I will also post a copy below.

Congratulations to the newlyweds I send them my blessings of prosperity and fertility.





Hello everyone
I’m Jennifer, Stephanie’s older sister and today I had the privilege today of serving as Matron of Honour and I would like to take this opportunity to say "thank you" to Stephanie for asking me to stand beside her on this wonderful day. I would also like to thank all of you for coming out today, especially those of you who traveled far distances we really appreciate you supporting Doug and Stephanie on their special day.

I’m Nicole Stephanie’s younger sister and the Maid of Honour and I would like to say how happy I am for Doug to become, not only part of our family today, but my brother… Thank you both for always being there for me and for being positive role models in my life. I love you both.

 As most of you know I am a very emotional person, especially when it comes to my little sisters and I’ve been crying for weeks thinking about my little sister getting married and being so proud of the beautiful, successful woman that she has become. Doug you’re a really lucky man.

With that being said, I thought that tonight should be a night of celebration, no more tears so we have something special in store for you. Bridesmaids I’m going to need your help…. DJ Que Music…

Yeah Yeah Yeah… Yeah


We were sisters the Frenchy’s and a lil Freede.

I’m Jen and She’s Lil Nicki

Growing up… Our story’s for Real…

Us sisters are best friends

Share’n and fight’n make’n our parents crazy

I’m sure you know how it feels.


Stephy met Dougie - They said Wild Wing was the place to go.

(n) “Wild Wing”      (j) “OH”        (n) “Wild Wing”

She’s Say’n I love Him. But he’s a Phillys Fan not from Ohio.

He’s the one I just know.

Few years later they said….


-----Chorus-----

Yeah Yeah Yeah
A Christmas box said. Will You Marry Me.
Yeah Yeah Yeah
She said Yes Of Course, Your wife I would love to be.
Yeah Yeah Yeah
They’ll live a life of Tater Tots and Slushies.
Yeah Yeah Yeah
They Said I Do
Everyone join me singing

Yeah Yeah Yeah…..Yeah
Yeah Yeah Yeah….Yeah

 
Stephy’s love in his hand now

Dougie’s thinking this fly girl would be a great catch for me.

Oh he loves his Stephy.      (n) “loves his stephy”

But we’ve got to keep it real now in a 1 to 10 Stephy’s a certifies 20

Other girls can’t complete.

(n) “Hey!”

What he didn’t know was when he took that chance where it was gonna lead.

and What he didn’t know was the way she danced made him never ever want to leave.

Then he got down low, on one knee, flashed that diamond ring.

He asked to--- have her hand… and she’s like Yeah, lets do this Stephy Bohardt thing.

And she said.

 
-----Chorus-----

Yeah Yeah Yeah
A Christmas box said. Will You Marry Me.
Yeah Yeah Yeah
She said Yes Of Course, Your wife I would love to be.
Yeah Yeah Yeah
They’ll live a life of Tater Tots and Slushies.
Yeah Yeah Yeah
They Said I Do
Everyone join me singing

Yeah Yeah Yeah…..Yeah
Yeah Yeah Yeah….Yeah


(j)      “NICOLE”

 
Watch out Stephy is so Glamorous

Have you seen her dress, well its Fabulous.

She’s no longer on the prowl, have you seen her ring. She’s Dougies now.

Her name is Stephy and I speak the truth.

Doesn’t Dougie look cute in his lil black suit.

So many friends look’n good in their clothes.

Have you seen her converse shoes with the shinny white bows.

In the church it was time to roll.

Now they are married and make eachother old.

(j)   “OHHH”

She’s his best friend now. A girl like that is one in a thousand.

Let’s drink they’re the ones to lead raise your glass in the air for Steph and Dougie.

We all love you. Always by your side. Now Dougie lean over and kiss your bride…..

-----Chorus-----

Yeah Yeah Yeah
A Christmas box said. Will You Marry Me.
Yeah Yeah Yeah
She said Yes Of Course, Your wife I would love to be.
Yeah Yeah Yeah
They’ll live a life of Tater Tots and Slushies.
Yeah Yeah Yeah
They Said I Do
All the family join me singing

Yeah Yeah Yeah…..Yeah
Yeah Yeah Yeah….Yeah
 



Rehearsal Toast

--I would first like to introduce myself I am Stephanie’s slightly older sister Jennifer. Thank you all for being here for Stephanie and Doug’s special day. Especially those of you who traveled far distances (which is most of you).

For those of you who don’t know a lot about out relationship, things started out kind of rocky… I wasn’t always the nice sister that I am today. We fought a lot growing up and I even managed to break a plate over her shoulder and let her cut off the tip of her thumb slicing a piece of watermelon while I was Supposed to be babysitting her… but over the years our relationship has grown…  When I moved to Florida leaving my little sister (in her first years of college) was the hardest part of moving. I was scared that we would drift apart, both living such different lives. However I truly believe that distance made our bond grow stronger then really, any siblings I’ve ever known.

Even though we live states away from each other we manage to talk everyday/ on many occasions more then once a day.  (You can ask my husband whose had to up my cell phone plan accordingly.)

----It seems like just yesterday we were;
Dressing up and parading around the neighborhood
Running to bed to pretend to sleep when dad got home from bowling so Kelly the babysitter didn’t get in trouble for letting us stay up.
Sneaking to watch TV from behind the couch while dad was sleeping.
You were stealing my clothes.
I was driving you to high school for your first day of freshman year…  and here you are Getting Married.

I’ll be honest when you first told me how close you and Doug were getting I was nervous that you would get hurt, of course being the protective big sister I am an not knowing much about him since I lived so far away. But over the years I’ve got to know Doug and I really think you met an outstanding person with great qualities and I am proud for my kids to now call him Uncle Doug… Just a little back ground on our inside joke… We had my son calling him Plain Doug (since they weren’t married he couldn’t be crowned Uncle Doug just yet.) It was all part of our plot to capture him because he is such a great guy we couldn’t let him get away… and I think it worked.  
So Doug please come up and receive you certificate of achievement…

My little sister….   I’m so proud of your accomplishments and the beautiful, strong woman you have become.  Doug you are a really Lucky guy and I know because I have been really Lucky to be her Sister and I know you will share many great times as you grow old and grey together.

My only advise to you two is to;
-----Participate in each other’s passions
----- Love each other more everyday.  

Please raise your glasses to my beautiful sister and her dashing groom.

May your love be added, may it never be subtracted, may your household multiply, and may your hearts never be divided!!


I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment